The Burstorm Platform
The “cloud” has now become one of the most strategic issues inside any company. Companies will win or lose based on strategies they evaluate, options they examine and decisions they make. The problem is extremely complex. There are thousands of servers within any enterprise, consisting of multiple compute, storage and network options – and now, cloud service offerings. Comparisons are difficult to make, and the consequences of bad choices may set you back for years.
Today’s Infrastructure Architects can no longer rely on paper, pencil and PowerPoint to design Compute, Storage, Data Center and Network Resources.
The Burstorm Platform offers the following:
- Visual model of compute, storage, network and datacenter infrastructure
- Product Catalog of service provider assets with hundreds of vendors and over 40,000 products
- Benchmarking with accurate price, performance and price-performance data
- Summary of your current IT state
- Model and design application to build based on location, performance, price and security
- Real-time collaboration with colleagues, customers and IT teams across the globe
- Summarize infrastructure assets and distribution based on vendor and location.
- Capture existing infrastructure (compute, storage, datacenter and network services)
- Compare current infrastructure to the market and identify available options
- Import data from cloud service providers’ billing files (e.g. AWS and Microsoft Azure) or manually enter resources from contracts and invoices
Cloud Infrastructure Modeling and Design
Our Design Scenario Editor allows our users to create and modify their cloud infrastructure designs in real-time through an easy to use, drag-and-drop interface, while capturing all requirements based on technology, economics, performance, security and availability.
The built-in collaboration features make it easy for distributed teams to share models and designs — staying up-to-date with the latest iteration.
Our Product Catalog is a real-time central repository of product sets that are instantly accessible by sales, architects, channels and customers based on user privileges.
- It offers over 40,000 products from hundreds of providers and is continually growing
- Pricing updates are in real-time via API.
- Product Managers can choose which product sets to make visible to the public, partners or specific customers
- IT Managers can add their internal services to privately compare against the market on price, performance and location
Custom Product and Design
Over time, configured solutions may no longer match with a customer’s original design requirements. Through the Burstorm Platform, you are able to connect custom designs and costs to a globally shared and accessible design.
IT Managers can instantaneously see how their custom solutions compare to either a standalone solution or part of a larger modeling exercise.
Product Managers can replace antiquated quoting processes, allowing solution engineers to design with the latest products in mind — dramatically improving customer response and experience.
Cloud Price-Performance Benchmarking
For the first time, product managers, sales leaders and the financial teams have immediate access to reliable and relevant benchmarking data.
- View live data from leading cloud service providers around the world
- Create your own custom views by time period, type and location
- Compare products and providers to identify the most cost-effective solution
- Track both performance and pricing trends over time
- Add private infrastructure test results to measure up against the constantly-changing cloud services market — unlocking unprecedented levels of insight for managers, infrastructure architects, consultants, analysts and executives.
To test performance Burstorm uses the standard UnixBench score, scaled to a more modern processor and bus (a Raspberry Pi 2, ARM7 @900Mhz) rather than the original SparcStation 20-61. The values based on this system represent the Burstorm Compute Unit or BCU. We spin up an instance with default settings (no optimizations) for each run. The test data we collect is from a full UnixBench test with the iteration count set to 1.
Sign up to access our cloud benchmarks, highlighting and addressing the changes observed within the cloud services market.