RMS is the world’s largest provider of modeling software to help customers mitigate financial risk for catastrophic events such as earthquakes, floods and hurricanes.
When RMS made the decision to move from traditional onpremise software to a SaaS solution they wanted to understand the options and economic implications for using various (cloud) infrastructure models to support the new application. Using Burstorm’s platform and data, RMS was able to:
- Design infrastructure and quickly identify 12 solutions from multiple service providers.
- Gain market intelligence 1000% + price variance between highest and lowest options.
- Expand design possibilities, i.e., Visualize data center locations showing Iceland as a potential midpoint and strategic option.
- Display costs for each design component enabling reengineering of high cost components during the design phase of project potential 40% cost reduction.
Grupo Posadas is a global leader in the hospitality industry and the largest Mexican hotel operator with 105 hotels and more than 18,000 rooms. Its six hotel brands include LIVE AQUA, Fiesta Americana Grand, Fiesta Americana, Fiesta Inn, One Hotels and The Explorean. Recognizing the need for IT to provide more agile, responsive services to support the growth of the business, Posadas began their innovative cloud journey. Utilizing Burstorm platform and insights Posadas was able to:
- Design multiple network, compute and storage scenarios within days to select the optimal architecture aligned to Posadas strategy.
- Gain realtime access to 14 potential suppliers, product sets and costs that complied with the selected architecture.
- Select cloud partners based on multiple uptodate data points.
- Migrate from five disparate data centers to a world class service model Increase application availability, performance and security while simplifying IT operations.
QUALCOMM Incorporated develops, designs, manufactures, and markets digital communications products and services in China, South Korea, Taiwan, the United States and internationally. The company operates through three segments: Qualcomm CDMA Technologies (QCT); Qualcomm Technology Licensing (QTL); and Qualcomm Strategic Initiatives (QSI). As part of their IT strategy Qualcomm’s IT leaders seek to understand how their current network, data center and compute and storage IT infrastructure environments compare to external service provider solutions. Utilizing Burstorm’s platform and Cloud i2i “Information to Inspection” offering, Qualcomm was able to:
- Capture and visualize current IT asset.
- Benchmark and compare Qualcomm’s own internal environments to a multitude of external infrastructure solutions.
- Identify potential opportunities to optimize infrastructure.
- Access and consider Burstorm insights including areas for further inspection.
Sungard Availability Services (“Sungard AS”) is a leading provider of critical production and recovery services to global enterprise companies. Sungard AS designs, builds and runs critical IT services that help customers manage complex IT, adapt quickly and build resiliency and availability. With a growing number of quote requests from partners and customers, Sungard AS looked for ways for their Solutions Engineers and Sales organization to be more responsive and effective using technology solutions. Enhancing their partner experience was a top priority. With Burstorm’s platform they were able to streamline the design and quoting process, and at the same time enable their partners to be more responsive and effective in customer engagements.
Utilizing the Burstorm Platform Sungard AS was able to:
- Increase visibility of Sungard AS services in the market.
- Reduce quote response time to channel partners and customers.
- Improve AE/SE productivity less time spent on unqualified opportunities.
- Increase lead conversions AE/SE spend more time on qualified opportunities.
- Increase revenue from the channel through technology enablement.
Grupo Scanda is one of Mexico’s largest Systems Integrators with more than 20 years experience in the market, and more than 1,500 employees committed to providing value to customers. Scanda specializes in helping customers transform their IT organizations and enable the migration to cloud technologies. Scanda consultants and solution architects utilize the Burstorm platform to quickly and accurately provide their customers cloud and IT infrastructure optimization, benchmarking and a migration roadmap.
Utilizing the Burstorm platform Scanda was able to:
- Capture, visualize and assess current network, data centers and cloud services.
- Access real time product, price and performance data to quickly and accurately design and compare internal and external services.
- Analyze a broader set of infrastructure solutions.
- Model within minutes instead of months.
- Collaborate, discuss and stay relevant with customers.
- Enables Scanda to provide insight to select viable options aligned with customers’ business.objectives while optimizing their current IT environment